Merit Badge registration is limited to 60 scouts, then waitlist
Orienteering Merit Clinic (worksheet)
This is scheduled in 2 parts:
- Part 1: 90 min session before the point-to-point race (#2,3,4,5)
- Part 2: 90 min session after Awards (#6,7); to complete #7 you need three competitions, so stay for the Night-O or this requirement is incomplete.
- see the Participant guide for tips how to complete the merit badge. (Req 1, 8,9,10)
BSA Scout Rank Requirements:
There is not an organized program for Rank Advancement requirements, however if you take a look at the requirements, you have the opportunity to complete:
- S3a. Demonstrate how a compass works and how to orient a map. Use
a map to point out and tell the meaning of five map symbols.
- F4a. Using a map and compass, complete an orienteering course that
covers at least one mile and requires measuring the height and/
or width of designated items (tree, tower, canyon, ditch, etc.).
There is not an organized program for Webelos Walkabout, however if you take a look at the requirements, you will see you could do quite a bit while you are here.